We’ll be updating the FAQs soon!
Where can I pick up or purchase tickets and get general information when I get to campus for Homecoming on Saturday?
We encourage all attendees to stop at The Commons Information Center (CIC) located on the 1st floor of The Commons. The CIC will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 12. At the CIC, pre-registrants will receive packets with tickets and other information for any event you registered for or paid to attend.
Anyone who hasn’t registered for an event may do so at the CIC.
Additionally, we will have campus maps, Homecoming giveaways, schedules of events and volunteers will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about Homecoming.
For questions about Homecoming events before October 12, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com or contact Sue Harris in Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2276, Kevin Gibbons-O’Neill in Athletics at email@example.com or 410-455-1532, or Jen Dress in Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2868.
I registered for events taking place on Thursday and Friday. What information should I know?
If you registered to attend the Outstanding Alumni of the Year Awards, you will receive an email with all details regarding parking, location and more by Wednesday, October 9. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Bernadette Darby at 410-455-3703 or email@example.com.
If you registered to attend the Big Prize Poetry Slam, you do not need a ticket. You should proceed to the new Performing Arts and Humanities Building atrium and check in at the event on location. If you have any questions about this event, please contact Jess Bard ’08, ’12 at 410-455-1678 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I registered to attend Homecoming but didn’t sign up for specific events. What should I do?
If you registered to attend Homecoming in general but didn’t select specific events then you can feel free to stop by The Commons Information Center on Saturday, October 12 to check in and pick up a schedule of events and much more. There will be limited tickets available for pay events on Saturday and if you decide to attend, you can purchase tickets at that time. If you aren’t going to a ticketed event, you can sign in at the event you attend.
For which events do I have to purchase tickets or register?
You must pay to attend the 5K Dawg Chase, A Morning with Arrested Development Star Jeffrey Tambor, Community Picnic Lunch, Crab Feast, AKA Alumnae Reunion, Comedy Night featuring Nick Offerman, the Homecoming Throwback Party hosted by CBLA, and the Men’s and Women’s soccer games (tickets only available on-site for the soccer games). We strongly encourage you to pre-register for our other reunions and events because we cannot guarantee the availability of tickets on-site (some events may sell out in advance). Please be sure to RSVP and purchase your tickets by October 8 at homecoming.umbc.edu.
Can I still attend non-pay events if I didn’t register in advance?
Although pre-registration is encouraged for many non-pay events, it is not absolutely necessary and you can still attend these events. We ask for pre-registration in order to anticipate the number of event attendees and order catering accordingly.
Please note that Homecoming staff cannot guarantee ticket availability or admittance to any of these events due to capacity limits.
How will I get the tickets I purchased online for Homecoming events on Saturday, October 12?
If you are an alumnus/a, faculty, staff member, parent or guest: You can pick up tickets for any event you registered for in advance at Homecoming Information and Registration at The Commons Information Center (CIC) between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- A Morning with Arrested Development Star Jeffrey Tambor: You must pick up your ticket(s) from the CIC before going to the event (University Center Ballroom). Tickets will not be distributed at the event location.
- Community Picnic and Crab Feast: Wristbands (for picnic) and/or tickets for both events must be picked up at the CIC before proceeding to the event (Quad).
- Comedy Show featuring Nick Offerman: Tickets must be picked up by 6 p.m. at the CIC; after that time, they will be available for pickup at the RAC box office after 6:30 p.m.
- Homecoming Throwback Party hosted by the CBLA: Tickets can be picked up until 7 p.m. at the CIC. If you do not pick up your tickets before that time, they can be picked up at the event beginning at 8:30 p.m. Please be prepared to present photo ID.
If you are a student: Due to the structure of student fees, student tickets for several events are available at a discounted rate, and may not be available for sale through the Homecoming website.
- 5K Dawg Chase: If you would like to run the 5K race, the discounted rate for students is $10.
- A Morning with Arrested Development Star Jeffrey Tambor: Student tickets can be purchased for $5 at the CIC or on Showclix. Do NOT purchase tickets online through the Homecoming website. You must bring your ticket with you to the event as they will not be distributed at the event location.
- Community Picnic: The cost is a meal exchange (if on meal plan) or you will have to pay $9 on site at the CIC.
- Taste of UMBC – Crab Feast: There is no student discount for this event. If you plan to attend, the cost is $40 until September 22 and $45 after. You can register by clicking here.
- Comedy Show featuring Nick Offerman: Student tickets must be purchased at the CIC or on Showclix. Do NOT purchase tickets online through the Homecoming website.
Where do I park during Homecoming?
Parking will be available on Wednesday and Thursday at the metered Walker Avenue, Commons or Administration Garages until 9 p.m. (meters accept quarters only and include time limits); after that time, free parking is available at any of the campus lots or on the loop.
On Friday, parking is available at the metered Walker, Commons or Administration Garages until 3:30 p.m. (meters accept quarters only and include time limits); after that time, free parking is available at any campus lot or on the loop.
On Saturday and Sunday, FREE parking is available at any lot, around the loop and at the meters. View the campus map.
What’s the weather policy for Homecoming?
Homecoming will happen rain or shine. There will be no refunds.
Do students need to pay for athletics events?
UMBC Students do not need to pay for athletic events, but they will need to show their student IDs to enter.
What do I need to bring to be able to enter Flat Tuesdays Pub in The Commons, or to purchase an alcoholic beverage at various Homecoming events?
Guests planning on visiting Flat Tuesdays Pub will need to present a valid government-issued photo ID to enter (students that are of drinking age should also bring their red UMBC ID).
What do I need to know about the Jeffrey Tambor event?
A Morning with Arrested Development Star Jeffrey Tambor is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m., however, all registrants and guests are welcome to enjoy a continental breakfast beginning at 9:15 a.m. on the 3rd floor of the University Center. If you purchased a ticket for the event, you MUST stop by The Commons Information Center located in the lobby of The Commons to pick up your ticket before proceeding to the UC Ballroom. Tickets will not be distributed at the door of the event.
In the meantime, for immediate questions, contact the Homecoming co-chairs at email@example.com.