Where can I find general information about Homecoming if I come to campus on Saturday, October 14? General information about Homecoming will be available at (2) locations, the Homecoming Carnival Alumni Tent located on the North Lawn of Erickson Field and the Commons Information Center (CIC) located on the 1st floor of The Commons.
The carnival will run between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. (alumni tent from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), and the CIC will be open from 10 p.m. to 6 p.m. At the info table, you can pick up an event flyer and campus map. You can also purchase on-site tickets, pending availability at the alumni tent or at the event locations.
Who should I contact if I have questions about Homecoming events? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact one of the following people:
- Stanyell Odom, Director of Alumni Relations: email@example.com or 410-455-2632
- Hallie Crawford, Coordinator for Student Events: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2471
- Kelsey Fitzpatrick ’12, Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Athletics: email@example.com or 410-455-3389
Where can I pick up tickets I purchased for Homecoming events?
- Women’s Soccer vs. Hartford: scan your phone if you purchased tickets via tickets.umbc.edu.
- Volleyball vs. Albany: scan your phone if you purchased tickets via tickets.umbc.edu.
- Men’s Basketball Tip-Off Event: Your name will be on a list at the event check-in location.
- Comedy Show featuring Trevor Noah: Trevor Noah tickets were only available for purchase online. Please plan to have your ticket ready to scan upon entry into the show.
- Family and Parent Breakfast: please proceed directly to the Skylight Room of the Commons and your name will be on a list at the registration desk.
- Fab Four Alumni Luncheon: please proceed directly to the Skylight Room of the Commons and your name will be on a list at the registration desk.
- AKA, Lambda Phi Alumnae Reunion: please proceed directly to Flat Tuesdays, The Commons, Upper Level and your name will be on a list at registration.
- Athletics Alumni Soccer Pre-Game Social: Your name will be on a list at the event check-in location.
- Men’s Soccer vs. Albany: scan your phone if you purchased tickets via tickets.umbc.edu.
If I didn’t purchase tickets for registration fee based events, can I purchase tickets on-site? You may purchase tickets on-site for the athletic games; for all other events, it depends on whether there are available spaces on-site. Please proceed to the event and ask a staff member or volunteer about registration. Please note that we prefer payment via credit card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard).
I registered for other events without a registration fee. What information should I know? Although pre-registration is encouraged for many non-pay events, it is not absolutely necessary and you can still attend these events. We ask for pre-registration in order to anticipate the number of event attendees and order catering accordingly.
- If you registered to attend the Alumni Awards Ceremony, scheduled for Thursday, October 5, you will receive an email with all details regarding parking, location and more by Tuesday, October 3. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Bernadette Darby at 410-455-3703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you registered to attend any other event including the Big Prize Poetry Slam (10/6), Student Leader Reunion (10/13), GRIT-X , Alumni Reunions during the Carnival, Humanities Scholars Alumni Reception, and/or Come Celebrate with the Honors College (10/14), you do not need a ticket. You should proceed to the event location and check-in.
- For all other events, you do not need to register or pay a registration fee. You can proceed to the event and sign-in upon arrival.
What should I know about the Homecoming Block Show? The event will be held in the Fine Arts recital hall and capacity is limited to 350 attendees. We suggest you arrive early.
What do I need to know about the Comedy Show featuring Trevor Noah? The doors for the show will open at 8 p.m., and the show will begin at 9 p.m.. Seating is general admission. If you would like assistance due to accessibility concerns, please contact Hallie Crawford at email@example.com. There will be staff on hand to assist with seating and accessibility as well. Also, please note the following:
- Please have your ticket available and ready in line.
- No tickets will be available for purchase at the door.
- No re-entry.
- No food or drink in the arena.
- No backpacks or large bags (small purses ONLY).
- Bags will be checked upon entry.
- No photography, videography, or recording.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No saving seats. If you want to sit with friends we encourage you to stand in line together and enter together.
- No phone use during the show. All phones must be put away and silenced during the show.
- We reserve the right to remove audience members using their phones.
- We reserve the right to remove disruptive audience members.
What do I need to know about the Homecoming Carnival? The carnival will be open from 12-9 p.m. on Erickson Field. Admission is free and will include games and prizes, face painting, food trucks and more. Unlimited ride wristbands are available for $5 cash-only purchase (kids 10 and under ride free).
There will also be an alumni tent located on the North Lawn of Erickson field available from 11-6 p.m. Alumni and their guests are invited to attend and enjoy complimentary refreshments and cash bar. If you plan to drink, please bring valid government issued ID for all guests over 21. Alumni Reunions during the Carnival include:
- Asian Alumni: 12 p.m.
- Meyerhoff Alumni: 1 p.m.
- Black & Latino Alumni: 2 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Alumni: 3 p.m.
- SGA Alumni: 3 p.m.
- Residential Life Alumni: 4 p.m.
- Young Alumni (graduates of the last 10 years): 5 p.m.
Where do I park during Homecoming? If you are attending the Alumni Awards on October 5, you will receive a separate email regarding parking.
October 6 -13 (Weekdays)
UMBC requires that all vehicles parked on campus in non-Pay to Park” spaces display a valid UMBC parking permit Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.. Parking enforcement is year round.
Visitor parking is available at “Pay to Park” spaces. Visitors pay at the pay station and must properly display the receipt on the front dash of the vehicle. Pay Stations for visitor “Pay to Park” spaces are ADA compliant and visitors with a disabled plate/placard will need to pay when parking in these areas.
Visitor parking spaces are located at Administration Drive Garage upper level, Commons Garage first level, Walker Avenue Garage upper level, Lot 9 and Lot 7 on Walker Avenue. Visitor parking is $2.00 per hour and payable by MasterCard, Visa or exact currency, no change or refunds provided. Visitor parking is enforced Monday-Friday from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm.
October 7 – 8 and October 14 (Weekends)
Parking is open and free on weekends at any lot, around the loop and at the meters.
If you will be on campus on October 14, we suggest parking in the Commons Garage as it is the most accessible location to the majority of Homecoming events.
I haven’t been back to campus in a while. How do I find these locations? Please consult our campus map for detailed information.
What’s the weather policy for Homecoming? Homecoming will happen rain or shine. There will be no refunds. An email will go out with detailed information in the case of rain if we have to move event locations.
Do students need to pay for athletics events? UMBC students do not need to pay for athletic events, but they will need to show their student IDs to enter.
What do I need to purchase alcohol at various Homecoming events? Alcohol will be available at the carnival alumni tent, the soccer pre-game social and the AKA alumnae reunion. All guests must be 21 or older, and bring a valid, government-issued photo ID in order to consume or purchase alcohol. You will be issued a wristband indicating you are 21 or over at the alumni tent and soccer social.
What hours will the bookstore be open during Homecoming? The UMBC Bookstore will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 14. We will also be having a 20% off sale from October 11 through 14 (in-store and online). There will also be a Cram-It and Jam-It event on October 14; click here for more information on the event.
What Homecoming events can I bring my kids to?
Please see below for our family-friendly events, and check out the Homecoming calendar for more details.
- On Thursday, October 12, come out to the University Center Ballroom from 8 – 10 p.m. for the Talent Show.
- Wake up for the Family and Parent Breakfast from 9:30 – 11 a.m. on Saturday, October 14 in the Commons Skylight Room. Then join us for the Homecoming Carnival from 12 – 9 p.m. on Erickson Field with games, rides, and food. Admission is free, but attendees can purchase a $5 wristband (cash only) for unlimited rides.
- Saturday also features two athletic contests as well: come get a first glimpse of the men’s basketball team for their Black & Gold Scrimmage in the RAC Arena at 3 p.m. Then check out the Division I contest of the men’s soccer team vs. Albany at the Retriever Soccer Park starting at 7 p.m.